SKIPPERED CHARTER TERMS & CONDITIONS
By proceeding with your booking you're confirming that you and your Group agree with the terms stated herein.
Terms & Conditions
Download the Terms and Conditions here...
Please send a copy to each member of your Group
Shepherds (Windermere) Ltd. Company Reg No 12013308. VAT Reg No 326 4660 03.
2019 SKIPPERED CHARTERED CRUISE TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions apply to the Organiser and each member of The Group.
It is the responsibility of the person booking, or the group organiser, to make a copy of this document available to each member of the group prior to departure.
a) The person booking will be known as the Organiser.
b) Party members will be known as The Group (including the Organiser).
c) The Organiser and each member of The Group are deemed to agree to the terms stated herein once booking has taken place.
d) The Organiser should make a copy of these terms available to each member of The Group as soon as possible after booking.
e) A pdf copy is available for download from the website and should be sent to The Group by The Organiser.
1. Liability. The Skipper, Shepherds (Windermere) Ltd, and the Marina operator accept no liability for loss of or damage to any items of clothing, goods, or valuables brought onboard or otherwise belonging to any member of The Group at any time for any reason. The Skipper, Shepherds (Windermere) Ltd, and the Marina Operator accept no liability and offers no indemnity for any accidents, incidents, injury, or loss occasioned to any member of The Group or third party as a result of any activity carried out before, during, or after the chartered cruise event.
2. Payments. All prices are for the total party and we can carry a maximum of 6 guests unless otherwise agreed prior to booking. At least one of the party must be over 21. Unless other payment terms are specified prior to booking, a deposit is required at the time of booking and the balance will become payable on the day, in cash before we depart for the start of the cruise. The price quoted is the price you pay. We’re not VAT registered and so no VAT is included. We can accept payment by cash, PayPal, Credit / Debit Card, or Bank Transfer. We will provide details at the time of booking.
3. Fees. The agreed fee covers the chartered cruise cost for the boat, Skipper, mandatory safety equipment on board such as life jackets (which we ask everyone to wear please), fuel, insurance, specified refreshments, and car parking for up to 2 cars at Windermere Marina Village. Additional parking is available at Ferry Nab – charges apply. Items not covered within the chartered cruise fee are as follows: alcohol, any drinks not specified, any snack items not specified, return transfer/pickup/drop off, and anything else not stated as included.
4. Cancellation. If you cancel at any time before the cruise, we retain the deposit. If we cancel at any time before the cruise we will refund the deposit. In the event that weather or technical issues results in us needing to cancel your booking, we will endeavour to provide you with at least 24 hours’ notice if possible, and of course you'll be offered a refund of your deposit if we are unable to reschedule. We may need to cancel on the day for any reason, right up to the last minute for example for weather or technical reasons. In that event we will offer to refund your deposit or reschedule but we are not liable for any other losses incurred such as photographers, travel, hotel, catering, etc. Such arrangements are made entirely at your own risk in the full knowledge that the cruise may not be able to go ahead. Where a booking is cancelled by us at any time before or during the cruise as a result of one or more of The Group being deemed unfit to travel for any reason, such as being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or being deemed as not adhering to the Skipper’s instructions before or during the cruise, the cruise will be cancelled, you will be liable to pay the full balance, and no refund will be payable. The Skipper’s judgement is final and non-negotiable. Please see clause 9.
5. Arrival & Departure. Please aim to arrive at Windermere Marina Village around 30 minutes prior to the departure time to allow for final weather check, safety briefing and familiarisation with the boat itself. We will provide you with a mobile number so you can call us when you arrive and we'll either meet you or let you know how to find us. We may be able to arrange to collect you and / or drop you off at one of the other private jetties on Windermere, however please note that permission must be granted by the jetty owner before the cruise, and must be approved by us in the first instance. If we arrange to collect you and / or drop you off from another jetty, and then the Skipper decides unilaterally that it is no longer possible, safe, or acceptable to drop you off at that location, you will be collected from and/or dropped off at Windermere Marina Village or another location as dictated by the Skipper – and you will be responsible for your own travel costs for the remainder of your journey i.e. back to the departure location by taxi to collect your car, etc. We accept no responsibility for any such travel expenses that may be incurred. Please see clause 9.
5.1 Timing. If you run late arriving we may not be able to overrun the original cut off time, so you will be on the water for a shorter time with no adjustment to the price for this.
6. Access. It may not be possible to provide wheelchair access or facilities for infirm or disabled Group members – but please contact us to discuss your requirements in advance of booking and we will try to help if we can. Please do not step onto the swim deck or any other exposed part of the boat at any time during the cruise event - nobody is to lean out, jump off, or throw anything off the boat at any time. Swimming is not permitted.
7. Pets. Sorry – we can’t allow pets onboard.
8. Smoking. Sorry – we can’t allow smoking onboard.
9. Responsibilities of the Group Organiser and each member of The Group. The Organiser and each member of The Group agree to observe and follow the instructions of the skipper before and throughout the cruise period. Should the Skipper deem the behaviour or conduct of any member of The Group is posing a risk to the safety of the boat and/ or those on board, or other lake users, we reserve the right to cancel the cruise before it gets underway or cease the cruise after departure and put the guest concerned / the entire Group ashore at the nearest suitable landing point. We will not be responsible for the guests travel arrangements or costs from this landing point to the point of embarkation, nor any refund for the cost of the cruise. The Skipper will deliver a safety briefing before departure, and each member of the group must listen attentively and pay close attention to any and all instructions and advice offered by the Skipper at all times. Failure to do so may result in the cruise being cancelled with no refund.
10. Requirements on the day.
The organiser should bring:
· Any booking information sent to you, e.g. booking form, payment receipt, email confirmation.
· Proof of identity – passport and/or driving licence
The organiser and all guests should bring:
· Sensible clothing based on your assessment of the weather. It can get breezy on the lake so even when it’s sunny it’s probably still worthwhile bringing a jumper/fleece/coat just in case!
· Sensible footwear – it can be slippy getting on/off the boat on the jetty at the Marina, so footwear with a sole offering some form of grip (preferably non-marking) would be best. No heels please!
· Sunglasses, Lip balm, Cap or hat – optional!
· Sun tan cream & sea sickness remedy if you determine these are necessary.
· Optional: alcohol in moderation. We’re not licensed to sell or serve you alcohol but you’re welcome to bring your own. All members of The Group must demonstrate an ability to listen to the Skippers instructions at all times and to be able to safely board and disembark the boat. Should the Skipper deem this to not be the case, the cruise may be cancelled – please see clause 9.
11. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.